Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Black or White

You know sometimes situations arise and you are forced to make a decision but it just does not seem like there is a clear right or wrong thing to do. I have a scenario and let's just call it hypothetical. Okay let's not call it that because it is actually a real scenario and I really am torn on what the "right" thing is to do. I'm not even sure there is a right or wrong thing to do.

So we have this lady that we have been using that comes and cleans our house once a month. She does the major things that I just don't have time for, well I should be completely honest she comes and does the things I am too lazy to do. I have the time, I just don't want to do it. But I digress..... I started using her after my mom some how started using her and she was also cleaning my sisters house so I figured she could be trusted. She was not with an agency or anything and while I never out right asked my mom if she was "illegal", I knew there was a chance that she was but you never want to assume that just because someone is mexican and speaks only spanish and demands to be paid in cash.... that they are illegal. So anyway in talking to my sister today she made a comment and I already forgot how it even got brought up but that my mom had told her that this lady in fact is illegal and that her husband had gotten deported back to mexico and she is trying to hire someone " A COYOTE", I've never heard that word before, but she was trying to hire one to get her husband to smuggle him back to the US. WHAT??? Okay so here is where I wrestle with what the right thing is to do. Do I keep employing someone I know is here working and living illegally??? Is that wrong? Can I get in trouble for that? Am I breaking a law?? Or do I just help her out and give her work because she does have a little boy to feed?? She brought him here one time while she cleaned. Doesn't GOD command us to love thy neighbor above all else?? Wouldn't it be cruel to tell her.....Sorry lady you can not come clean my house because you are living and working here illegally. To me that just seems mean. Yet, am I breaking some kind of law by fully knowing I am paying someone that is here illegally for a service to benefit me. I don't know....I just don't know if there is a wrong or right. To me it seems like the right thing is to not employ her anymore but then it makes me feel bad for thinking that is the right thing to do. Maybe it's not. I honestly don't know. Sometimes things are not so black and white.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont think you are suppose to justify anything that is illegal. Unfortunate.

Sara said...

I do think it's against the law to hire someone knowing they're illegally in the country.

Legalities aside, I personally wouldn't hire someone I knew was illegal, despite the fact that she has a son to care for. There are a whole lot of reasons, and I could probably soapbox on that all day long, but I'll spare you :)

Karina said...

Tough call!!! I say you do what you feel is the right for you. Do what your mind tells you. If you listen to your heart (emotions) it makes life more complicated.

If you let her go, she'll find another house to clean, maybe not immediately but she will.

Trust your initial instinct. Surely I've been no help, ha!

Monica said...

Karina - that's probably the best advice anyone can ever give.
To listen to your head and not your heart. So true.....we should not act out of emotions!

Thanks

Summer said...

I don't know though, its illegal to 'hire', but you aren't a company or doing a payroll for her where she had to PROVE her citzenship, right? So, isn't it like helping out a friend?
Tough call.

Anonymous said...

性感遊戲 ,成人網站 ,布蘭妮貼圖區 ,kiss情色網 ,網路自拍 ,絲襪美腿 ,歐美貼圖片區 ,情色交友 ,a片分享 ,線上a片 ,sogo情色論壇 ,情色聊天室 ,癡漢論壇 ,et免費a片 ,咆哮小老鼠 ,影音城論壇 ,kavo ,美女遊戲區 ,台灣情 kiss 色網貼圖區 ,辣手美眉 ,情色貼圖 ,美女寫真 ,sogo情色論壇 ,成人視訊 ,高雄正妹地圖 ,影片轉檔 ,美女圖庫 ,脫衣服遊戲 ,999成人性站 ,色咪咪影片網 ,線上即時通 ,18成人avooo ,

免費 a片 ,免費av18禁 ,aio交友網 ,無碼女優 ,貼圖 ,69成人 ,美女寫真 ,qq聊天室 ,080苗栗人聊天室 ,波波情色貼圖 ,哈雷聊天室 ,情色漫畫 ,高雄正妹地圖 ,

看a片 ,成人夜色 ,小魔女自拍天堂 ,成人網站 情色論壇 ,視訊 ,影音分享 ,影音部落格 ,卡通影片 ,成人情色 ,色情聊天室 ,野外自拍 ,ut聊天室 ,aa的滿18歲影片 ,正妹強力版 ,3d美女圖 ,聊天室入口 ,性感沙灘3 ,成人文學 ,貼圖區 ,小弟弟貼影片 ,中部人聊天室 ,18禁漫畫 ,vlog電眼美女 ,躺伯虎聊天室 ,正妹照片 ,嘟嘟貼圖 ,av影片 ,小弟弟貼影片區 ,a片小說 ,080聊天室 ,a片免費看 ,正妹星球 ,真實自拍 ,看a片 ,