Saturday, February 6, 2010

Other's Stupidity

I don't often or I'm not sure I have ever rambled about the moronic behavior that is Hannah's dad. I try hard not to bad mouth him and I guess I figured that one day he would stop his insanity and grow up. But he has not. And here I am once again having to pay for his stupidity. I try not to let Hannah know how much he annoys me but I'm really starting to wonder if he has mental issues. I'm also starting to wonder if she should even be around him. I mean I know letting a 9 year old glue fake nails on her fingernails with superglue isn't THAT big of a deal. But it's a big enough deal when she's freaking out because I told her she is not going out of the house with them on her fingernails and she can't get them off. DUH! You super glued them to your fingernails child! What were you thinking? Oh that's right you weren't and that's why that man you call your Father should have told you you could not buy them! And where did she put these on anyway? On the sidewalk? When I picked her up yesterday at South Park Meadows she and her dad were sitting on the outside wall of Target with her humongous back pack and about 5 bags. He himself was carrying a backpack and they looked like homeless people. It was a sad sight because he literally is a hop away from being a homeless man. In fact he can't even get Hannah on the weekends anymore because he no longer can afford electricity so his apartment is dark and cold so that's not really an environment that is conducive to raising children. Who can live like that? He has not had electricity since before Christmas! Is that weird or am I just over reacting? How can a 30 something year old single man who only supports himself ( he owes me probably $50,000 in unpaid child support ) not afford electricity? I mean who can live like that? That is just beyond my comprehension. He does not have a car so when he does see Hannah he takes the bus to her school and from there they catch a bus to South Park Meadows area and just walk around for a few hours and hang out. I know she terribly misses her dad and I'm sure he misses her but wuouldn't you think that the love you have for your child would motivate you to better yourself and your life. He has no license, no car, no electricity, no phone, he's about to get kicked out of his apartment. How much lower does he want to go? He does not care about my wishes for Hannah. He lets her see movies that are inappropriate for children and lets her listen to music that is inappropriate for children and he let's her do whatever she wants when she is with him. It's so dangerous. And I am helpless. There is nothing I can do. I will forever have to reap the consequences of my bad choices and not only that.... Hannah will. All I can do is pray that GOD has a handle on it and everything will be fine. In the meantime I hate that I'm STILL having to pay for his stupidity.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you feel very helpless, but I think you have a resonsibility as her mother to keep her safe, and it is not safe for a young girl to be spending time like that. He is her father not her friend or sidekick. You should not let her see him under those conditioners. You have to be the strong parent and responsible one. Tell him and her that they will not beable to see each other under those conditions again. Maybe this will force him to clean up his act. If need be get help explaining the situation to her from a friend or other trusted family member or maybe some school teacher. I know it will be hard to be the strong one, but it is the right thing to do. I will keep you in my prayers and please let me know if you need to talk.

Nan

Syi said...

The nails being super glued is just too much for me personally. That by its self is just stupid. No one that I know of in their right mind would have allowed for that to happen; but I guess to each their own. Its really one of those situations where he is just going to have to grow up and wake up one day. No one can force him and the love for his daughter isn't enough to push him into adult hood! I think he just wants to be the cool parent by letting her to WHATEVER she wants. Its real sad but its seems to be the case. He wants to be that buddy buddy do whatever you like instead of being a full time parent that still has fun with their child. My aunt is going thru a similar situation with her kids and yes it is frustrating. But with prayer you can make it through. Just pray that his eyes will open to the wrongness that is going on around him and pray that he wants to show his daughter how a REAL man should live.
I wish you the best....

Unknown said...

Monica, I have gone through all of what you described here, ten-fold and for several years. To this day, my daughter (now 21) has been on a roller-coaster watching her father's immature ways. I read your entry and feel compelled to say, please stand firm, get the law on your side and have a heart-to-heart talk with your daughter about all of this. It will not be easy--I know because I had to sit down with my Mandy to discuss similar issues. My daughter lost out on "having a real dad" due to his selfishness, lack of focus, and lack of personal drive. He tried to portray himself as "the victim" just because he didn't have a job (while I had to work 2to make up for the years of child support) and after years of court appearances, my daughter was in a mental tug-of-war which is still on-going. My heart goes out to children that suffer thru this; but, as mothers we have to show them that rules are for real people and lack of them would make this world more chaotic than it is now. I believe in prayers because a lot of friends and family KNEW that I was the victim since day one. I dedicated my blog to my daughter, motherly-rain[at]blogspot[dot]com and that is after having sole-custody of my daughter for 17 yrs and dealing with "weekends with her father" that were gut-wrenching, chaotic, obstacles, and scarring to say the least. Every state has it's regulations on what a mother and father can do for the best care of the child. The div. decree is usually outlines the basis of visitation; but, no parent is built alike and the one that is "balanced and has common sense" is usually the one that has to defend themselves unnecessarily about doing the right thing. Stay strong, Monica. Please build a support system right now, if you don't have one. If you do, then expand it so you don't feel like your battling this person's behavior alone. May the Lord hold your hand with each step you make.... ~dpg

Anonymous said...

I kinda just 'happened' along your blog- and I just want to say 2 words to you:
EXPARTE HEARING-

doesn't sound like a safe situation.

Christina Terrell said...

I also just happened along your blog and wow, lady. Sounds tough. Is there a way that he could maybe come to your house to spend time with her that way they would be supervised. I know this has to be hard, but don't beat yourself up about past mistakes and try to remember her feelings in the situation. I grew up in a very dysfunctional situation and no matter what was going on, I still hated to hear one family member bad talk the other. It's really hard. I wish you all the luck in the world! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

well monica you cannot go too hard on him because if you think about it he may be stupid but what does that make you for having a child with him?