Saturday, February 6, 2010

Redo

One of the things I love to do most is to redo something. I recovered my dining room chairs last year with some left over fabric my aunt had from the draperies she made me. The fabric is very sensitive so it was not really a good idea. We had a Family Christmas Party last year at my house and by the end of the night my chairs were ruined! I did not treat them with fabric protector so lets just say I learned my lesson. Its been bugging me ever since so I think it's time to redo them again. Yay... a project! This put me on my quest to find fabric. I love looking at fabric on line. I could do it for hours just like I could look at paper on line for hours too. I'm afraid that it will be hard to pick one because there are just so many options. Here are a few so far..... I was wondering if I should go a little more modern than usual because I can always change it later to something a little more classic. But I think I am drawn more to these types of fabric. Not sure what these would be classified as. Old Ladyish? Hahaha




This one reminds me of the pattern of my sofa, love seat and chair. It might be too much of the same.



I don't think I would actually use this fabric on the chairs but I loved the pattern and colors.



This one might be a little much. But I love black and cream together.

I'm no interior decorator or designer by any means so I'm not sure if there are rules to follow when picking a fabric for a certain room. I want it to look nice and not cheesy.

6 comments:

Vira said...

I don't mind the first one, bleh on the second one and I love b/w (is it called ironworks?). Hope you find something that is just right and let us know :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

hi monica your blog is so beautiful..
Aman Toor

Jolly Arora

Michelle said...

Love the black and white too! The others are beautiful but most your house seems to be in these color schemes. I'd go for a little punch of color in the dining room.

උත්පලා said...

Nice Article Monica..Keep It Up deary
Regards from
Sri Lanka

Kate said...

Hey 'Sup!

Just wanna share....

summer5 is the code for 5% discount coupon at:

http://www.plussizeclothing2u.com

http://www.kaftantunictops.com

Spread the love!

Cheers,
KATE