Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The New Do

I can't even remember the last time I actually had a professional hair cut. It has been years. I have been letting my hair grow out for quite some time now and on the occasions I felt like parting from my split ends I did the chopping my self or let my mother in law ever so slightly trim it. I must say those methods worked out just fine for a while. Then the other night, since I am so confident in my hair trimmimg ability, I thought I could cut a few inches off here and there and shorten it up just a tad. Snip snip. Okay maybe just a little more here......okay now a little more on this side....Oops. Not good! If I kept going at that rate, to make it look even, I would eventually have no hair and my long hair loving hubby( he doesn't have long hair...he loves long hair) would probably see me and weep. So I just stopped. So today I made an appointment at Avant Salon which is a big deal because the last place I went for a cut was super cuts! And before you say....you can't even tell I got it cut, just know that I did. She cut about 3.5 inches and I think I cut about 2 so that's a big difference. Personally I would have gone a little shorter (and I still might) but I have to take baby steps to ease the hubby into a shorter look. Maybe I'll go back in 6 weeks and cut two more inches. And maybe some day I'll even get brave and get a style other than this. Or maybe bangs, or high lights. Maybe.

8 comments:

suvro said...

U look great.But didnt mention how much did it cost.I was just looking at random blogs,couldnt help adding a comment.Dont mind.

Michelle said...

moni......it looks the same! have to see you in person.

Monica said...

yeah it does....but shorter!

Elizabeth said...

It looks a bit shorter. :) Cute!

I need to do a photo comparison of you and my sister. You both look really similar!!

Once you go short you may never go back! I haven't had long hair in years! Can't stand it!

Monica said...

Elizabeth, my goal is to one day do a cut as short as yours! All though I'm not sure I have the face for it....
AT least it would grow back if it was a disaster.

Karina said...

I call tell it's shorter. It looks great!

Summer said...

pretty -- can tell they thinned it out as well. yay for you!

Sara said...

Looks great!! I can tell it's a bit shorter and thinned out. Yay Monica :)