Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 8


Well I would say we are pretty close to being finished. Haha....I say " we" like I did some of the work. Gary's dad has been working hard on this since yesterday morning and managed to get all the tiles cut and layed and my dad did the grout work today( Gary had to work). The tiles that were layed today will have to be grouted tomorrow and Gary's dad has to leave so this means Gary will have to do the last little bit himself. After the grout work will be the caulking and then cleaning the tiles all up and sealing them one last time to keep them shiny. All the major work will be done by Monday and then the counter top people have to come back and buff a few spots that have scratches and finish smoothing in some areas they left unfinished. Goodness.....my kitchen is a MESS! I've been really good though and not stressing about it and being very patient and I know that all this dirt and mess will be worth it in the end when all is said and done. Wednesday the cleaning lady comes so my house should be all spic and span clean and our newly remodeled kitchen can shine! And don't telly anybody but we are totally skipping church in the morning. Shhh....

3 comments:

Sara said...

Oh wow! It looks so pretty. Don't worry, I skipped church, too :)

Raven said...

It looks awesome! I love the dark countertops and the slate tiles together! You did a great job designing it!

Summer said...

oh i am loving it!!! that is really hard work.