Sunday, June 21, 2009

One of a kind

He simply is the best person I've known my whole life.

He is the glue that held us all together.

He goes above and beyond for his girls and set the bar so high, I'm not sure anyone can ever really reach it.

He's the one that can comfort me, when it seems I can't be comforted.

He's the one that prays and has faith that never waivers when mine is being tested.

He's the one that taught me about God and about his son Jesus.

He's the one that I can go to with my innermost fears ( still) and they will be quieted.

He's the one that I can depend on and he will never disappoint.

He's the one that can make me laugh for days because he mixes up his words or phrases.

He has the purest heart and most humble nature.

He's like no other.

He is my father.



5 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, our daddy!!! I hope he knows how much we love him and need him.

Anonymous said...

Mona How sweet of you for expressing your feelings on your bog. I don't feel worthy but I humble myself and just feel blesse that in your eyes you see your old dad this way. LOVE You Aiways, Dad

felicia said...

That is so sweet! He really is a great guy. He reminds me of my mom....ALWAYS giving.

Melissa said...

Aww, our daddy is the BEST!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Monica, a very nice write up about your dad. I feel the same about my dad. Its funny how they are so much alike. They're hilariously funny when they fumble for words. My dad is definitely the first one I go to when I need some lifting. They both have such strong faith. I wish I had that trait. We're pretty lucky to have these guys in our lives.

-Frank