Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Here they are

This will be the back splash. Slate tiles and they all look very different so it's going to add a lot of color to the kitchen since everything else is pretty colorless. I hope it looks good.
The new counter tops are in!




Wow! What an ordeal remodelling can be. We of course are over budget but it has been for things that were unseen. We did not know the backsplash was going to tear out the existing sheet rock which would require new sheet rock in all the back splash areas. Then we had to buy a new faucet because our old one did not have the proper connections to hook it back up. That means I had to run to Home Depot on the spur of the moment and find a new faucet I was going to be happy with and I had to do this pronto because the plumber charges by the hour! After 2 trips to Home Depot we finally got it all installed but I have decided I am going to change it out again. It looks silly with the faucet I picked out. It needs to be a lot bigger. So now I am on the hunt for a new faucet. And who new plumbers were so expensive.....he charged 100/hr! Gary is in the wrong line of work. So what I have learned is to budget probably 10% ( suggested by Sarah H) for just in case things that might happen so you're not stressed out for going over budget.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Looks great! I love the back splash colors. So pretty.