Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Adventures in my own Home day 1

So life is completely different once you have kids. And you can only know what I'm talking about if you have them. Well for the rest of the week they are with their Grandmama in Pittsburg, TX and I plan to take full advantage of their time away. I cried a few tears even though I told myself not to. Oh well. Now here I am, I can blog with out guilt. I can sleep in if I want. I can pretty much do whatever the heck I want. It's amazing and something that has not happened here in my own home for a pretty long time. I've never been home before with out a kid around. I plan to take full advantage. First up..... CLEANING! I know, I know that does not sound all that glamorous but instead of paying the cleaning lady to come and do it, I will just pay myself that money and do the cleaning in peace and quiet with no kids around and then go shopping with the money I paid myself! Genius isn't it?? Well I think it is.

Update - 2.5 hours later. Note to self.

It's much easier to be on vacation outside the home with out the kiddo's than it is to be just home with out them. I've been cleaning and there are a million reminders of them and I burst out into tears. WHAT?? What's wrong with you! Really?? Get a grip! You'll see them in a few days. Now get back to cleaning and listening to your ipod with no interuptions. That is what you dream about isn't it? A day with no interruptions?? Geeze!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Ha ha!! I totally know how you feel. Being at home when the kids are not is just WEIRD. But the sooner you clean the house, the longer you'll get to enjoy it clean before they get home and mess it up again :)

Enjoy your week!!