Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fiction

So I think I may have posted before of my disinterest in fiction. However, having read 2 fiction books in the last few months( one I did not care for and one I more so did), I'm finding myself looking for my next book to read. I browsed down the aisle's of the Target book section the other day, picking up numerous attention grabbing titles, just to be disappointed. I was waiting for one to pull at my interest.......and nothing. I considered just holding off since I'm more than likely going to join a " book club" that my best girl friend from back in high school will be hosting but then again I want to read a really well written, not light and fun, piece that I can indulge in on my own. Maybe that's just the loner in me..... Who knows. Anyhow Memoirs of a Geisha keeps popping up in my mind and I think 2 people have recently commented on how great a book it is so I'm thinking of reading that. If you've read it let me know.....if not if you don't mind leaving me a comment with a book recommendation.....I'd truly appreciate it.


Oh and I am just LOVING this gorgeous fall weather.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I read a book not too long ago called Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen and I thought it was well written and enjoyable. It's about a Veterinary Student who goes to work for the Circus during the Great Depression. Not sure if it's what your looking for though...but it popped in my head after reading your blog so I thought I'd mention it.

Summer said...

i think i read this book. lol, i love to read but forget WHAT i read & what the book is about.

Sara said...

One of my all-time favorites is "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn." It's a coming of age story about a young girl at the turn of the century; timeless and very well written. I'm happy to let you borrow it if you wish!

Oh, and the Twilight series totally had me hooked. You can borrow those, too :)