Wednesday, September 2, 2009

So Much I Want to Do

And so little time. And shall I say more correctly.....so little money. Money shmoney. Why do things have to cost so much? I have caught some sort of "bug" and I can't seem to shake it. Symptoms have been - Wanting to redecorate, wanting to buy more furniture, wanting to buy new bedding for my bedroom, wanting to recover my dining room chairs, wanting to install wood flooring in the entry,dining, and part of the living room that is high traffic, wanting to redo our kitchen cabinets, wanting and wanting and wanting. I better get over this bug quick or I'm likely to get real sick and do something like Charge all these things on a credit card just so I can have it all now. Gasp! What would Dave Ramsey think?? The funny thing is that my hubby is such a softy when it comes to things like this and so when I say......" I want to go buy such and such" he says, "Okay....go get it." So not only do I have to be the one that wants all this stuff, I also have to be the one to say, NO! "Not now honey.....just be patient and we will have all that someday" I have to convincingly say to myself. It's so hard. For now I'll just be thankful that I was able to buy us an entertainment center (something I have wanted for 2 years) and it will be here Thursday. I have had my eye on this piece for 2 years and had hoped the price would come down.....and it hasn't. It's not anything fancy and even at the price it's a great deal compared to all the other similar pieces out there. I hope/think it will satisfy that big empty wall that's been begging to be dressed up.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Oooooh, that is gorgeous!! Where are you getting it from? We're in the market for a new entertainment center soon... I love this one :)

Monica said...

Don't laugh......we got it at rooms to go. They have a decent selection of fairly inexspensive ones.