Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Scam or for Real?

Ring. Ring. So I get a phone call this evening and against my better judgement answer it even though it is one of those 800 #'s. I figure it's a call for Arnold Santos since we seem to have inherited his old number and the man must owe someone A LOT of money or be in trouble or maybe he's just really missed because they call here ALL the time looking for him. I don't know how many different times I have to say he does not live here or that I am not he before they will believe. But I'm off the subject and I need to hurry because Today must be my lucky day...... in15 minutes this lady is calling me back with my confirmation number to my free 3 days and 2 nights, did I say FREE, getaway. And if I answer the call back she will bump up the 500 dollar gift certificate to online shopping to 800 dollars. What a deal!!! All I have to do is attend a 1 hour presentation to hear about this new Company....Bonvoyage Travel and Gary and I can take this trip on them just for listening to their speil. Is this for real??? Or is this a Scam? They called me back with my confirmation number and with my reservation for this Friday at 8 to go to their office and hear the presentation.I mean it's not like they asked for a credit card number or were trying to sell me something. They guaranteed my gift and free trip just as long as I came to listen about their company. I mean this could be legit right? Sounds too good to be true to me and usually when something sounds too good to be true, it's usually because it's not. Hmmm...

10 comments:

Amanda Gregory said...

They probably want you to buy a timeshare. This happened to my sister. Just say NO!!!

mrclif10 said...

Call me a skeptic, but I agree with Amanda -- they are surely selling timeshares or something like that....My grandparents did those types of things all the time -- the information would be something like "guaranteed to win a free luxury boat" and they would come home with an inflatable raft!!!

Monica said...

hmm....
I wonder if you still get the gift just for coming out and listening to them.
They said we would get an 800 gift certificate for online spending.
We could buy lots of tools *wink wink* for 800 dollars.
: )

Sara said...

I've heard of other people who have gone to these, and supposedly they're for real, but they give you a major guilt trip about buying their time share or whatever it is they're selling. Since they gave you a free vacation, blah blah blah...

If it is legit, that's probably going to be the case. How many people are REALLY going on a free vacation with the intention of actually buying their time share? Yet it's obviously a profitable strategy for them. I would beware, but that's just because I know I'm a pushover and would probably give in to their sales pitch.

Monica said...

I'm a pushover too. Gary would have told them he was not interested and hung up. I tried and they kept talking so I just listened and committed to going to listen to them
haha
I would totally give in if they got me in front of them.
I can't say no.

Summer said...

they are VERY pushy pushy sales people.
#1, google it and look at reviews on the company.
#2, don't go. and FYI, they'll keep calling you.
#3, i did something YEARS ago and supposedly got this cool vacation for $300, and something happened, and it fell through. waste of money (actually debt...)

daine said...

i hate these kinds of things.

Man girl you have the commenters'. i wish i could write something people would comment in mass on. I have a tracking system and i can tell exactly where and when and even what screen resolution people are viewing my sight from, but still i do good to eek out a couple of comments per post.
Matt plays on the entire live album. He is just brilliant.

Anonymous said...

The gifts might be legit, but only if you purchase whatever they are trying to sell you. Don't fall for these scams like your DAD!!

mom

Anonymous said...

Monica, I thought you learned an expensive lessong back when you lived in Dallas.....remember the magazine scam! how could you forget that!

mom

Anonymous said...

性感遊戲 ,成人網站 ,布蘭妮貼圖區 ,kiss情色網 ,網路自拍 ,絲襪美腿 ,歐美貼圖片區 ,情色交友 ,a片分享 ,線上a片 ,sogo情色論壇 ,情色聊天室 ,癡漢論壇 ,et免費a片 ,咆哮小老鼠 ,影音城論壇 ,kavo ,美女遊戲區 ,台灣情 kiss 色網貼圖區 ,辣手美眉 ,情色貼圖 ,美女寫真 ,sogo情色論壇 ,成人視訊 ,高雄正妹地圖 ,影片轉檔 ,美女圖庫 ,脫衣服遊戲 ,999成人性站 ,色咪咪影片網 ,線上即時通 ,18成人avooo ,

免費 a片 ,免費av18禁 ,aio交友網 ,無碼女優 ,貼圖 ,69成人 ,美女寫真 ,qq聊天室 ,080苗栗人聊天室 ,波波情色貼圖 ,哈雷聊天室 ,情色漫畫 ,高雄正妹地圖 ,

看a片 ,成人夜色 ,小魔女自拍天堂 ,成人網站 情色論壇 ,視訊 ,影音分享 ,影音部落格 ,卡通影片 ,成人情色 ,色情聊天室 ,野外自拍 ,ut聊天室 ,aa的滿18歲影片 ,正妹強力版 ,3d美女圖 ,聊天室入口 ,性感沙灘3 ,成人文學 ,貼圖區 ,小弟弟貼影片 ,中部人聊天室 ,18禁漫畫 ,vlog電眼美女 ,躺伯虎聊天室 ,正妹照片 ,嘟嘟貼圖 ,av影片 ,小弟弟貼影片區 ,a片小說 ,080聊天室 ,a片免費看 ,正妹星球 ,真實自拍 ,看a片 ,