Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mothers day and Madonna

First day at Mothers day out didn't go as planned. Bella cried, I got a shot of guilt, she sat and pouted on her lady bug carpet. As I watched through the window 30 minutes went by and she still refused to participate in class and sat there with her long face hanging down while little frogs in ballerina slippers hopped around her. It took all the strength I had to leave because what I really wanted to do was go scoop her up in my arms and take her home to play candy land....which by the way she cheats at. But all is well that ends well. She ended up having a fun day and she loved her gymnastics class and claims she can't wait to go back. The last "Baby" strings have been cut.
AND
On a completely different note, this morning in the car on the way to school my morning am station was at commercial so I turned on the fm radio. I rarely have on FM radio....I don't care for their morning shows and commercials but anyway HOLIDAY by Madonna was on and so I listened to it for a few seconds. I glance back at Hannah and say, "Don't you like Madonna's old music?" She gave me a slightly confused look and said, " Who's Madonna?"
I thought that was hilarious. I sometimes forget Hannah was not around back in the day.