Sunday, August 3, 2008

OFF or ON

Do you turn off your car while filling up at the gas station?? While filling up at the gas station today my husband left the car on as he got out to pump the gas. Okay.....this is not the first time he has attempted to do this and I thought we already had this discussion but maybe he just forgot......yeah maybe that's it. He has become increasingly forgetful. So I, being the kind person I am, just lean over and turn the car off myself. As my husband sees me doing this he rolls his eyes and shuts the door. Okay, now why in the world would he be rolling his eyes at me for trying to be safe. Hello!!!!!!!! The sign clearly states to TURN OFF ENGINE. Typically signs serve a purpose.....I don't think it hangs there for no reason. So then I calmly let him know I did not appreciate the eye tricks he displayed and asked him why he rolled his eyes at me like that because I thought it was a little rude. He said he was not trying to be rude. Okay then....what are you trying to be by rolling your eyes like that.....what does it mean? He said he was annoyed because you don't have to turn off the car to pump gas. He said he was thinking of us getting hot with the car off. Well I think I would rather sweat for a few minutes than to be blown up with the air conditioner on. I'd rather be safe because surely it is safer to just turn the car off. He then says.....No it's not and that that is my own opinion. Hmm........I don't think that's my opinion but who cares! The point of this rant is that I can not believe that he would try to make me feel dumb about wanting the car off as he pumps gas into the vehicle that is holding my entire family! Has he not ever heard the saying.....It's better to be safe than sorry. Why would the sign say to turn your engine off.....if it was not for it being safer. When things like this come up and it comes down to my preference over his.......which it's not my preference at all......I thought it was just common sense and safety (because obviously my preference would be to leave the car running so as not to get all hot and sweaty) I always wonder what other people do. Am I the only one who is dumb and turns my car off in 100+ degree weather?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No you are not dumb........I would think most people turn the car off. My husband is one who leaves the car on........it must be a guy thing. I do think he partly does it for us though, so we are not all hot and sweaty or passing out from the fumes if the windows are open.

I am curious to know if there have been accidents from leaving the car on. And if so, how many in comparison to accidents with the car off.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this one. I would be scared to blow up too. But then I see how he wanted to comfort ya'll in the car. I think it would be safe to just roll the windows down and be hot for a little bit rather then blow up!!!! LOL

Sara said...

I always turn the car off - Jimmy almost always does, too. There was one time he did not (I think he was having trouble starting the car, so he didn't want to risk it). I asked him about it - like you, I was nervous! He said that many years ago there used to be danger of igniting the gas tank while the engine was running, but that all modern cars now have evolved to where this isn't a problem anymore.

Or something like that.

I still always turn it off :)

Amanda Gregory said...

I usually turn mine off. Justin usually leaves his on. He told me that if I have been driving a long distance on the interstate and pull off for gas, you should leave it on. Something to do with the catalytic convertor. I don't know for sure.

Monica said...

Seems pretty much like most men do this. I guess it's fine then huh? I think I will still turn mine off just to be on the safe side.
: )

Anonymous said...

In theory, static electricity is our biggest threat at a gas station. Anything that causes this is what you should be careful of....leaving the car running does not cause this, the detonation of the spark plugs is the only real fear of leaving the car running. But with this said, the fumes are no different when you are pumping gas than when you are not, so when you start the you cause sparks as well. So you could blow up essintially doing either, so at least be cool, or warm, whatever season it is before you potentionally blow up!

Anonymous said...

In theory, static electricity is our biggest threat at a gas station. Anything that causes this is what you should be careful of....leaving the car running does not cause this, the detonation of the spark plugs is the only real fear of leaving the car running. But with this said, the fumes are no different when you are pumping gas than when you are not, so when you start the you cause sparks as well. So you could blow up essintially doing either, so at least be cool, or warm, whatever season it is before you potentionally blow up!

Anonymous said...

性感遊戲 ,成人網站 ,布蘭妮貼圖區 ,kiss情色網 ,網路自拍 ,絲襪美腿 ,歐美貼圖片區 ,情色交友 ,a片分享 ,線上a片 ,sogo情色論壇 ,情色聊天室 ,癡漢論壇 ,et免費a片 ,咆哮小老鼠 ,影音城論壇 ,kavo ,美女遊戲區 ,台灣情 kiss 色網貼圖區 ,辣手美眉 ,情色貼圖 ,美女寫真 ,sogo情色論壇 ,成人視訊 ,高雄正妹地圖 ,影片轉檔 ,美女圖庫 ,脫衣服遊戲 ,999成人性站 ,色咪咪影片網 ,線上即時通 ,18成人avooo ,

免費 a片 ,免費av18禁 ,aio交友網 ,無碼女優 ,貼圖 ,69成人 ,美女寫真 ,qq聊天室 ,080苗栗人聊天室 ,波波情色貼圖 ,哈雷聊天室 ,情色漫畫 ,高雄正妹地圖 ,

看a片 ,成人夜色 ,小魔女自拍天堂 ,成人網站 情色論壇 ,視訊 ,影音分享 ,影音部落格 ,卡通影片 ,成人情色 ,色情聊天室 ,野外自拍 ,ut聊天室 ,aa的滿18歲影片 ,正妹強力版 ,3d美女圖 ,聊天室入口 ,性感沙灘3 ,成人文學 ,貼圖區 ,小弟弟貼影片 ,中部人聊天室 ,18禁漫畫 ,vlog電眼美女 ,躺伯虎聊天室 ,正妹照片 ,嘟嘟貼圖 ,av影片 ,小弟弟貼影片區 ,a片小說 ,080聊天室 ,a片免費看 ,正妹星球 ,真實自拍 ,看a片 ,