Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Baby Fever

Every now and then I get baby fever and have this desire to go through the whole experience of having a child. It's probably one of the most trying things to go through, especially if you have natural childbirths as I have, but in the end you have this little bundle of joy and they are perfect in your eyes and it makes all the aches and pain worth it. I just keep going back and forth as to whether or not I REALLY want another child or am I just enamoured with my new nephew because he is so cute and cuddly and I just want to eat him up. Gary said I am not allowed to be around my sister and her baby anymore. He's funny but he's probably right. All I have really seen my nephew do is sleep and smile. In reality I know it's a lot of work to start over. Probably more work than I would care to do. So for now I guess I will just be thankful I have my two healthy girls and just leave it in Gods hands to let me know for sure what the best thing is to do. I am sure by next week I will be back to being absolutely sure I am done with babies and the fever will be gone.

4 comments:

mrclif10 said...

Good thinking dear -- just wait and the fever will break (if not, try taking some Tylenol ;-) And it will move along more quickly if you stay away from Caleb!

Sara said...

Haha! I know the feeling. We were in Target this week and I started looking at all the little onesies and shoes... pink ones... I'm starting to get the fever, but at least it's a "planned" fever. I do remember all the middle-of-the-night-pees of pregnancy and the sleeplessness of those first couple of weeks with a newborn. But they're so darn cute...

Anonymous said...

You know with viral infections, sometimes the best thing to prevent one is a small dose of the virus to make one imune, I assume to build a tolerance. Obviously the two yall have, have not accomplished the desired effects in this area. Thus being there is a need for another!
So let us know when you and Gary need a babysitter to go visit the Dr. for that prescription.

Summer said...

You can hang out with Tatum for a while...although, it might still give you the fever, not take it away. I have to admit...I now understand why people are now thinking about their 2nd kiddo. She's a blessing. Love every minute with her....well, almost every minute. wink.