Monday, May 5, 2008

Baptizo

Baptizo is a Greek word that is transliterated into baptize and means "immerse." It comes from the Greek word bapto, which means to dip. Baptisma is a Greek word that is transliterated into our word baptism; it means "immersion." Baptizien is another Greek word that is used in the New Testament texts, and it is transliterated into baptizing, which means "immersing." Thus baptism is a plunging or dunking of the subject beneath the waters.

And boy was I dunked, plunged,and immersed under water yesterday......I was BAPTIZED!!!! I'm a little embarrassed that I waited so long to do this since I have considered my self a follower of Christ for some time now. I guess at first I thought since I was baptized as a baby that there was no need to do it again. Then my pastor delivered a sermon that was about baptizing and that to be considered baptized by biblical standards that meant a submersion in water. Well my little baby head was just sprinkled with water and so I really felt a calling to be baptized again as an adult. Through a choice of my own. I am not saying that the baptism as a baby did not count, I am just saying I felt the need in my heart to have it done as the bible says. Well.......here enters fear, embarrassment, vanity. The voice of the enemy if you ask me. Oh my goodness this means I will actually have to be put under the water and that means it will mess up my hair and that means my make up will run all over my face and that will mean people will be watching. Eh.....never mind! The sprinkling of water over my little head will just have to do.

So I put it off. La di da de da......... Fast forward to another sermon my pastor preached on baptism. I am not sure how much time passed in between but it was quite some time. This time he talked about how Jesus was baptized and that he was the only person to ever live that never sinned, yet he was baptized. And he commanded people as followers of him to do the same. He talked about how as Christ followers being baptized is a sign to all that we have dedicated our life to following him. It was an outward sign to all that we are Christians. Just as a wedding ring is a sign to all that you are married. He also talked about those that choose not to do it for vain reasons or for those that say, Oh it's not important. He said.....what will you say before GOD when he asks why you were not baptized? Oh, I didn't want to get my hair wet or Oh because I was embarrassed. Okay, okay , okay. I get it now. I then knew I would face my fear of being embarrassed because GOD calls us to do this. So I did! I was quite nervous and A LOT embarrassed but I did it. With people watching and everything but I am so glad that I did.

7 comments:

Sara said...

I'm so excited for you! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. But this way I just get to imagine your hair all wet - I didn't actually see it. I'm not sure if that helps with the vanity or not, but it's all I can come up with on a Monday morning. haha

daine said...

hey congratulations. it was not all that bad was it. I tried to lessen the blow by jumping in without my shirt. how could you still be embarrassed after that? and too i think that is half the point. Funny how even in different cultures through time a simple dunk is still an effective step of faith. congratulations.

Monica said...

Thanks Sara and Daine ~
Daine I wish I had your lack of inhibitions.

Summer said...

WOW! I am quite moved by your blog, my friend. Saying "I am proud" is not quite the words I want to say. But I think the choice you made is an admirable one and a sign of your growing faith, and proof that we truly work out our salvation day by day. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your journey with you through these years. Wish I could have been there to see it. Would have shed a small, salty tear.
Love you.

Anonymous said...

I tend to lean towards Summer, I know the words "I am so proud of you" make you roll your eyes, but I really am. Ever so. Continue to pess on Monica. Seek and you will find, draw near to Him and He will draw near to you.

What a step, to die to ones flesh, for the furtherment of ones spirit, through the gift of the Holy Spirit. Eye, baptize us daily Lord Jesus!

Monica said...

Summer - aww thanks. And thank you for playing a part in my day to day growth in faith through out these years.

AND

Joshua - you ( and michelle ) have helped me grow so much in my faith. Thanks for all the "faith" discussions. I love that......Draw near to him and he will draw near to you. So true.

Anonymous said...

性感遊戲 ,成人網站 ,布蘭妮貼圖區 ,kiss情色網 ,網路自拍 ,絲襪美腿 ,歐美貼圖片區 ,情色交友 ,a片分享 ,線上a片 ,sogo情色論壇 ,情色聊天室 ,癡漢論壇 ,et免費a片 ,咆哮小老鼠 ,影音城論壇 ,kavo ,美女遊戲區 ,台灣情 kiss 色網貼圖區 ,辣手美眉 ,情色貼圖 ,美女寫真 ,sogo情色論壇 ,成人視訊 ,高雄正妹地圖 ,影片轉檔 ,美女圖庫 ,脫衣服遊戲 ,999成人性站 ,色咪咪影片網 ,線上即時通 ,18成人avooo ,

免費 a片 ,免費av18禁 ,aio交友網 ,無碼女優 ,貼圖 ,69成人 ,美女寫真 ,qq聊天室 ,080苗栗人聊天室 ,波波情色貼圖 ,哈雷聊天室 ,情色漫畫 ,高雄正妹地圖 ,

看a片 ,成人夜色 ,小魔女自拍天堂 ,成人網站 情色論壇 ,視訊 ,影音分享 ,影音部落格 ,卡通影片 ,成人情色 ,色情聊天室 ,野外自拍 ,ut聊天室 ,aa的滿18歲影片 ,正妹強力版 ,3d美女圖 ,聊天室入口 ,性感沙灘3 ,成人文學 ,貼圖區 ,小弟弟貼影片 ,中部人聊天室 ,18禁漫畫 ,vlog電眼美女 ,躺伯虎聊天室 ,正妹照片 ,嘟嘟貼圖 ,av影片 ,小弟弟貼影片區 ,a片小說 ,080聊天室 ,a片免費看 ,正妹星球 ,真實自拍 ,看a片 ,